T his page is a collection of resources for families and teens in mental health emergency situations. What is a mental health emergency? Like any health emergency, a mental health emergency is a life threatening situation. It is often characterized by an individual’s intent to do harm to themselves or someone else.
We will continue to build this page as we find (or are provided with resources) that reflect communities around the world.
- Integrated Mobile Response Team, Victoria, British Columbia
- Vancouver Mental Health Emergency Service, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Youth in BC – YIBC is first and foremost an online crisis chat service, where you can chat 1-on-1 with a trained volunteer from the Vancouver Crisis Centre, where our service is based. This site also has information on a variety of youth-related issues, as well as resources: a list of organizations and websites where you can get help.
- Health Link Alberta – 811
- Addiction Services Helpline – 1-866-332-2322
- Mental Health Helpline – 1-877-303-2642