Please find below a list of some of our publications over the years.
- A Qualitative Study of Antipsychotic Medication Experiences of Youth | Murphy A., Gardner D., Kisely S., Cooke C., Kutcher S., Hughes J. JCACAP 04/17/2014.
- Innovations in Practice: ‘Go‐to’ Educator Training on the Mental Health Competencies of Educators in the Secondary School Setting: a Program Evaluation | Wei Y., Kutcher S. Child and Adolescent Mental Health 2014.
- Pharmacy Students’ Experiences in Provision of Community Pharmacy Mental Health Services | Murphy A., Szumilas M., Rowe D., Landry K., Misener-Martin R., Kutcher S., Gardner D. Canadian Pharmacists Journal 01/20/2014.
- Sustained Improvements in Students’ and Teachers’ Mental Health Literacy with use of a Mental Health Curriculum in Canadian Schools | McLuckie A., Kutcher S., Wei Y., Weaver C. Journal of School Mental Health 12/31/2014.
- Youth, Caregiver, and Prescriber Experiences of Antipsychotic-Related Weight Gain | Murphy A., Gardner D., Kisely S., Cooke C., Kutcher S., Hughes J. International Scholarly Research Notices 11/20/2013.
- Program Evaluation of a Child and Youth Mental Health Training Program for Family Physicians in British Columbia | Garcia-Ortega I., Kadlec H., Kutcher S., Hollander M., Kallstrom L., Mazowita G. Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry November 2013.
- Suicide Risk Management | Kutcher S., Szumilas M.(previous contributors) BMJ Point of Care Oct 2013.
- Prescribing Trends of Antipsychotics in Youth Receiving Income Assistance: Results from a Retrospective Population Database Study | Murphy A. L., Gardner D. M., Cooke C., Kisley S., Hughes J., Kutcher S. BMC Psychiatry 07/27/2013.
- Educator Mental Health Literacy: a Programme Evaluation of the Teacher Training Education on the Mental Health & High School Curriculum Guide | Kutcher S., Wei Y., McLuckie A., Bullock L. Advances in School Mental Health Promotion 04/29/2013.
- Evergreen: Creating a Child and Youth Mental Health Framework for Canada | Kutcher S., McLuckie A. Psychiatric Services 05/01/2013.
- The Effectiveness of School Mental Health Literacy Programs to Address Knowledge, Attitudes and Help Seeking Among Youth | Wei,Y., Hayden J., Kutcher S., Zygmunt A., McGrath P. Early Intervention in Psychiatry 01/24/2013.
- Evidence Review and Clinical Guidance for the Use of Ziprasidone in Canada | Gardner D., Murphy A., Kutcher S., Beaulieu S., Carandang C., Labelle A., Lalonde P., Malla A., Milliken H., O’Donovan C., Schaffer A., Soni J., Taylor V., Williams R. Annuals of General Psychiatry 01/24/2013.
- Mental Health and the School Environment: Secondary Schools, Promotion and Pathways to Care | Kutcher S., Wei Y. Current Opinion in Psychiatry July 2012.
- International School Mental Health: Global Approaches, Global Challenges, and Global Opportunities | Wei Y., Kutcher S. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America January 2012.
- The Science of Brain and Biological Development: Implications for Mental Health Research, Practice and Policy | Spenrath M., Clarke M., Kutcher S. Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry November 2011.
- Evidence-Based Clinical Guidelines for Immigrants and Refugees | Pottie K., Greenaway C., Feightner J., Welch V., Swinkels H., Rashid M., Narasiah L., Kirmayer L.J., Ueffing E., MacDonald N.E., Hassan G., McNally M., Khan K., Buhrmann R., Dunn S., Dominic A., McCarthy A.E., Gagnon A.J., Rousseau C., Tugwell P., coauthors of the Canadian Collaboration for Immigrant and Refugee Health (Kutcher S.). CMAJ 09/06/2011.
- Facing the Challenge of Care for Child and Youth Mental Health in Canada: A Critical Commentary, Five Suggestions for Change and a Call to Action | Kutcher S. Healthcare Quarterly May 2011.
- Post-Suicide Intervention Programs: A Systematic Review | Szumilas M., Kutcher S. Canadian Journal of Public Health 01/01/2011.
- Transitions: A Mental Health Literacy Program for Postsecondary Students | Potvin-Boucher J., Szumilas M., Sheikh T., Kutcher S. ACPA Journal of College Student Development November 2010.
- Effectiveness on Mental Health of Psychological Debriefing for Crisis Intervention in Schools | Wei Y., Kutcher S., Szumilas M. Educational Psychology Review 08/03/2010.
- Forward | Kutcher S. Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry August 2010.
- Problematic Conclusions Regarding Suicide Prevention: A Response to ten Have et al, 2009 | Szumilas M., Kutcher S. The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry 06/01/2010
- Psychological Debriefing in Schools | Szumilas M., Wei Y., Kutcher S. CMAJ 06/15/2010.
- Mental Health Care Reforms in Latin America: Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services in Mexico | Espinola-Nadurille,M., Vargas Huicochea I., Raviola G., Ramirez-Bermudez J., Kutcher S. Psychiatric Services 05/01/2010.
- Use of School-Based Health Centres for Mental Health Support in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia | Szumilas M., Kutcher S., LeBlanc J.C., Langille D.B. The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry 05/01/2010.
- Building Psychiatric Clinical Research Capacity in Low and Middle Income Countries: The Cuban-Canadian Partnership Project | Kutcher S., Horner B., Cash C., Lopez M., Pascual M. The Innovation Journal January 2010.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Policy and Plans in Canada: An Analytical Review | Kutcher S., Hampton M.J., Wilson J. The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry 02/01/2010.
- Distinguishing Suicide Attempts from Non-Suicidal Self-Harming Behaviours | Kutcher S., Szumilas M. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry October 2009.
- Mental Health Research Priorities in Low and Middle Income Countries of Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean | Sharan P., Gallo C., Gureje O., Lamberte E., Mari J.J., Mazzotti G., Patel V., Swartz L., Olifson S., Levav I., de Fracisco A., Saxena S., World Health Organization-Global Forum for Health Research – Mental Health Research Mapping Project Group (Kutcher S.– Collaborator). The British Journal of Psychiatry October 2009.
- Bipolar Disorder in Children and Adolescents | Berwaerts J., Kutcher S., Kusumaker V. Chapter 7 in Bipolar Disorder: A Clinician’s Guide to Treatment Management (2nd Edition) June 2009.
- Teen Suicide Information on the Internet: A Systematic Analysis of Quality | Szumilas M., Kutcher S. The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry 09/01/2009.
- A Combination of Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy and Sertraline Reduced Anxiety in Children More Than Either Treatment Alone |Kutcher S. Evidence Based Medicine June 2009.
- 2008 Position Paper on Using SSRIs in Children and Adolescents | Garland J., Kutcher S., Virani A. Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry May 2009.
- Evergreen: Towards a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Framework for Canada | Kutcher S., McLuckie A. Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry May 2009.
- Adult ADHD and Comorbid Depression: A Consensus-Derived Diagnostic Algorithm for ADHD | McIntosh D., Kutcher S., Levitt A., Binder C., Fallu A. Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment 04/08/2009.
- Child and Youth Mental Health: Integrated Health Care Using Contemporary Competency-Based Teams | Kutcher S., Davidson S., Manion I. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health May 2009.
- Problems with Access to Adolescent Mental Health Care can Lead to Dealings with the Criminal Justice System | Kutcher S., McDougall A. Journal of the Canadian Paediatric Society January 2009.
- Why Youth Mental Health is So Important | Kutcher S., Venn D. The Medscape Journal of Medicine 12/08/2008.
- Maintenance Study for Adolescent Depression | Cheung A., Kusumakar V., Kutcher S., Dubo E., Garland J., Weiss M., Kiss A., Levitt A. Journal of Child & Adolescent Psychopharmacology 08/30/2008.
- Psychopharmacological Treatment Options for Global Child and Adolescent Mental Health: The WHO Essential Medicines Lists |Kutcher S., Murphy A., Gardner D. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 10/01/2008.
- An Integrated Program to Train Local Health Care Providers to Meet Post-Disaster Mental Health Needs | Kutcher S., Chehil S. American Journal of Disaster Medicine July 2008.
- CBT Plus an SSRI was as Effective as an SSRI Alone for Adolescents with Moderate to Severe Depression | Kutcher S. BMJ Evidence Based Medicine 01/30/2008.
- Youth Suicide Prevention | Kutcher S., Szumilas M. CMAJ 01/29/2008.
- Use of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors and Youth Suicide: Making Sense from a Confusing Story | Kutcher S., Gardner D. Current Opinion in Psychiatry January 2008.
- Mentally Ill Youth: Meeting Service Needs | Kutcher S., Davidson S. CMAJ 02/13/2007.
- Data Safety Monitoring Boards and Other Study Methodologies that Address Subject Safety in “High-Risk” Therapeutic Trials in Youth | Carandang C., Santor D., Gardner D.M., Carrey N., Kutcher S. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 04/01/2007.
- First Case of Sialolithiasis Associated With Atomoxetine | Jerome L., Gardner D., Kutcher S. Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology February 2007.
- Paroxetine Treatment in Children and Adolescents with Major Depressive Disorder: a Randomized, Multicenter, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial | Emslie G.J., Wagner K.D., Kutcher S., Krulewicz S., Fong R., Carpenter D.J., Lipschitz A., Machin A., Wilkinson C. Journal of American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 06/01/2006.
- Meeting Post-Disaster Mental Health Needs Through an Integrated Health Care Provider Training Program: A Pilot Project in Grenada Post Hurricane Ivan | Kutcher S., Chehil S., Roberts T. Pan American Journal of Public Health October 2005.
- A Competencies-Based Mental Health Training Model for Health Professionals in Low and Middle Income Countries | Kutcher S., Chehil S., Cash C., Millar J. World Psychiatry Journal October 2005.
- Post Natural Disaster Mental Health Difficulties: Myths and Realities of Importance for the Caribbean Region | Kutcher S., Chehil S. Caribbean Medical Journal 2005;67:1:147.
- Expert Canadian Consensus Suggestions on the Rational, Clinical Use of Ziprasidone in the Treatment of Schizophrenia and Related Psychotic Disorders | Kutcher S., Brooks S.J., Gardner D., Horner B., Kopala L., Labelle A., Lalond, P., Malla A., Milliken H., Soni J., Williams R. Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment June 2005.
- Sertraline in Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Efficacy in Treating the Psychic and Somatic Anxiety Factors | Dahl A.A., Ravindran A., Allgulander C., Kutcher S., Austin C., Burt T. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 05/09/2005.
- Postgraduate Psychiatry Training for Global Mental Health: A Canadian Experience | Chehil S., Kutcher S. International Psychiatry 07/01/2004.
- The Feasibility of a Mental Health Curriculum in Elementary School | Lauria-Horner B., Kutcher S., Brooks S. The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry 03/01/2004.
- The Characteristics of Asymptomatic Female Adolescents at High Risk for Depression: the Baseline Assessment from a Prospective 8-year Study | Kutcher S., Kusumakar V., LeBlanc J., Santor D., Lagace D., Morehouse R. Journal of Affective Disorders April 2004.